Tuesday, January 6, 2015

September 22, 2014

Hello family!!  

Well after spending a night in the hospital with one of my companions and leaving the MTC at 3:30 in the morning to make it to the airport I finally made it to Ohio safely!! This week has been amazing and I am loving Ohio and the people here!! 

My companions name is Elder Brandt from Colorado! He has been out 6 months but only been in Ohio for 2. He was one of the elders from Africa that got reassigned because of that disease that is going around! He is awesome and we get along pretty great! 

My area is While Hall Ohio and some lady in the ward told us yesterday that it is the most dangerous place to live in Ohio! ha I don’t believe her though because it really isn't to bad! 

Wednesday- we flew to Ohio and went straight from the airport to The Ohio State campus, once there we got put with an Elder who had been serving on the campus and were given a book of Mormon and told to go place it!! I loved that! It was the scariest thing I've ever done but after placing it, it was the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done!! The campus environment was crazy and I loved it!

That night we went to the Presidents house and had an amazing home cooked meal! We were all up till about 1130 getting interviewed by the president. I love my president and his wife and their kids! He has a 13 son who is really good at ping pong so I got to play him in a several games that night which was really fun! 

Thursday- Today was the big transfer meeting where I got my companion. After transfer meeting we drove 45 min to our area. After I unpacked we went and taught and were feed by a new member family! 
Friday- well I have already started mowing peoples lawns! ha we did about 4 hours of service and tried to find people to teach! 

Saturday- today started off slow but got better as the day went! We ended up doing about 6 hours of service for a member of our ward by helping him finish building a tree house and a zip line from the top of the tree house! It was so fun and I loved it! After that they fed us dinner and we went back home and taught one of our new investigators named Paul. He and his wife have 6 kids and are progressing toward baptism! 

Sunday- we got to go to church today! The ward here is small but awesome! We didn’t have any investigators come to church but I got to meet some new people that already want us to come over for dinner! 
The church is so true and I am loving the mission! I have never prayed this much in my whole life!  There are defiantly hard days but with faith and a smile we can do all things!! 

Love Elder Roper

Elder Peterson from Lone Peak in the cock pit at the Detroit  Airport

No comments:

Post a Comment