Wednesday, February 10, 2016

January 18, 2016

Hi family.
What a week it has been. It has been cold and for the first time this year we got a real snow fall. We got a couple of inches Monday night so on Tuesday we were able to shovel snow for several hours. Wednesday we had interviews. It was a little different this time because as we were being interviewed by president, his wife was giving us a training
on weekly planning. They are really good at reading though the lines in preach my gospel and finding out new thighs that we can work on as a mission. Weekly planning is normally a struggle and not liked! for me at least. Why weekly plan when we already have to plan every night?

That is sometimes my thought. I know why it is necessary and in the end it always helps out! But now by the time we are done weekly planning every hour of the week should be filled. They gave us four hours do this on Wednesday than again on Friday we took 3 more hours.  But now nightly planning is much easier and more productive. Some nights after we prayer for inspiration we get off our knees and look at our plans and the entire day is blank except for the dinner we have a 6. Those days were just dang hard to plan for! Now nightly planning is much shorter and easier to do. We see what plans we need to adjust so that we can reach the goals we set for the week and It gives us something to look forward to do the next day. The meeting went from
9-5 and  right after we got home we headed over to the church for a ysa dodgeball game. There was a ton of non-members there and it was a nice break after sitting down all day.

Thursday after district meeting we had exchanges. It was the day we had chosen to go to Stockport which is at the very bottom of our area and takes about an hour to get to.  While there trying we were trying to find less actives homes and make sure their addresses were right and trying to find people who would be interested in us coming by to
teach them. Most homes down there are on long dirt roads. This is my favorite part of my area because I love the country. The typical mode of transportation is a four wheeler or beaten up truck and it just smells like a good old country town!

Saturday was my favorite day of the week! Sirius Underwood was finally baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints!
Ahh it was such a good baptism. There were so many people that came and supported him. It was a little stressful getting everything together and making sure that it will run smooth. The only hick-up that we had was that we couldn't get the water heater to work because there was a member baptism that morning and they used up all the hot water. So the water was a little chilly but in the end all we could do was laugh about that. My favorite part of the baptism was when Sirius
bore his testimony. It was short but so powerful. 

The spirit was there and I felt like he said so much even though he only talked for like a minute. He talked about how great and peaceful it is to know that he has been forgiven of everything  that he has done in his past. The Atonement is so amazing and I am so grateful for all that Jesus Christ does for me in my life.

Friday we had dinner with the stout family and Jim and Sirius were there too! Brother stout was the one who baptized Sirius so it was a really good meal. The only problem was it seemed like everyone had so much that they wanted to say to Sirius because it was the night before his baptism. So that was a little overwhelming but Sirius enjoyed it and the food and company was great so I can't complain.

Sunday was his confirmation. I had the opportunity to confirm him as a member of the church. It was s powerful and humbling experience as all of his fellow shippers and friends in the church congratulated him and showed so much loved and wanted him to know that he is now apart of the ward family. I think I have said this several times but teaching him about the gospel of Jesus Christ and watching the spirit
come into his life has been one of my favorite experiences that I have had on my mission. 

We have already started working on his family history and plan on going with him in a few weeks to be baptized for
his dad in the temple. This gospel is so true and Im grateful for the knowledge I have of it!

I hope you all have a great week.
Love Elder Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment