Thursday, December 3, 2015

July 13, 2015

Dear Family,
I totally forgot to write a family email so this will be quick.
This week was transfer week and I got a new companion straight from
the MTC.  Elder Cox is an awesome missionary and is from Manti Utah.

We are getting along great and learning lots of new things together.
I am still a little shocked that I am training but I am excited to
learn with him during these next three months.  I feel like I am
bringing things back to the basics which I love.  We have been
studying preach my gospel together a lot.  This might sound cocky
but it has been fun to see how far I come.  I remember 10 months ago
how I was just like him.  It defiantly is a culture shock in Ohio and I
can't even imagine what a foreign mission would be like.  

Thursday we got home got on our bikes and went straight to work.  The first door we knocked on this guy came screaming out of his front door and chased us and said a few choice words! Haha I have never laughed so hard in my life.  Ha That is the first time in my mission that has happened and it just happened to be his first door ever, but we kept going and everything was great for the rest of the day.  It is so hard when people tell us they aren't interested because they have no idea what they are missing.  One thing I love about him is he has no fear to knock on a door or just stop someone on the street.

We got a new gospel doctrine teacher yesterday, his name is
Brother Christensen and he only has 2 months before he moves but holy cow what a guy.  He is without a doubt the most spiritual man I have ever met.   He has been a Temple President and a mission president in Brazil.  We learned about sacrifice.  I am learning to have a good attitude with every sacrifice I make and just in everything that I do.  Any sacrifice we make here on earth really isn't that much of a
sacrifice compared to what the savior did for us and what's ahead of
us.

Thanks for all the prayers.  My companion and I need them.
I love you all.
Love Elder Roper




No comments:

Post a Comment