Wednesday, December 2, 2015

July 8, 2015

Hey family,

What a crazy week it has been.  Let me start out by apologizing for not
emailing on Monday.  Another transfer has already come and gone in my wonderful little town of Millersport.  I got a call from my mission
President on Monday telling me that I needed to go to the mission home on Tuesday for a meeting.  Turns out that I will be training a new Missionary fresh from the MTC! Ha I am so excited and can't wait to meet him tomorrow.

We had a huge miracle happen this week. We have been meeting with a guy named Joey since I got here and he is just awesome and crazy.  Ha The missionary's have been meeting with him for like forever and in all of his years he has never been to church.  Like half the ward knows him because they have come to lessons with other missionary's in the past.  Joey is just a lovable guy.  But the miracle that happened was he finally came to church!  Not only did he come but he came for all 3 hours. (He was a little hung over from the forth of July) but he came, sang, and made comments and felt the spirit.  No body could believe it but it is amazing what a little faith can do.  Everybody in the ward welcomed him with open arms and he seemed to have a great time.

Let's see what else.  There seems to just be so much happening  in
my mission and the church.  The lord truly is hastening the work and I
love being a part of it.  How could life get better than this?  I love
going out each day and finding those people that the lord has
prepared.  Don't get me wrong there are defiantly those moments that
are hard, awkward, and embarrassing but I am learning to just push
through these hard times, embrace the awkwardness, smile and do the lords work.  Ha This church is so true!  I am so great full for my
savior Jesus Christ and all that he does for each and everyone of us.

My favorite talk this week was by Elder Bednar where he talks about
tender mercies of the lord.  I love looking for them. They truly are
every where!  He loves each of his children.
My mind is racing right now and I can't think of anything else to say.
Some of my friends and I just got back from golfing which was great
and wet!

I love you all!  Thanks for everything!
Make it a great week!
Love Elder Roper!
  
Elder Williams






No comments:

Post a Comment