Tuesday, December 8, 2015

November 18, 2015

Hi family,

Well I emailed just a few days ago but already lots has happened. The leaves have all basically fallen and it is officially sweater weather.

My name was the last named called out at transfer meeting and the anticipation was killing me.  But I am very happy with the results.  My new companion is my 6th grade buddy Elder Caleb Elzey from American Fork!  I honestly can't believe we get to serve together but this should be a pretty good transfer. It's a 5 weeks transfer because of the holidays, but it's been good so far!

Sirius is doing great. We read him the baptismal interview questions and he should be good to be interviewed hopefully this Sunday.  We had an amazing lesson with Jim in a members home last night and then dinner. This member volunteered to let us come and help us teach him the new members lessons. They are great.  We talked about the Book of Mormon and the importance of daily scripture study.  He is doing great.  We set a date for him to go to the temple at the end of this month so that should be fun.

Yesterday in church a returned missionary talked about some blessings of a mission and I loved them so I will share them with you!:) First he said that when you leave your love for your family and there love for you automatically increases.  The second your family leaves you on the curb at the MTC you feel a sense of love that is indescribable. I didn't realize how much I loved my family until I had to leave them for 2 years!

Second, on a mission you get to grow and have a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ that you really won't get to have
anywhere else. As I represent him and tell others about him my
relationships seems to grow daily. I love it!

Thanks for the prayers, they help! I hope you all have a fantastic week.

Love Elder Roper

Elder Elzey and Elder Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment