Friday, December 4, 2015

September 7, 2015

Hi guys,

I know everyone says this but I can't believe it's Monday again! Lots went on this week.

Wednesday was zone meeting, which was fantastic. The meeting was all about the Book of Mormon, I loved it.   A quote that I left with that I am going to try to apply to my life is that "at some point we must do more than tell the stories of the Book of Mormon, we must live them"  I love reading the Book of Mormon each day and trying to apply the stories that I read to my life.  

Thursday was awesome.  I got to go on an exchange with Elder Elzey down to Logan.  This was just a great day.  It was fun to be with a friend and be able to talk with him about people back home and stories from high school. We got to go up and see this member’s cattle ranch up in the woods, which was fun.  He is going to have us all down later this week to help him with the cows which I can't wait for.

Friday morning we got up and went and helped someone move.  It took a lot longer than we thought so we didn't actually get home to exchange back until dinnertime so we got to spend a lot of time together.  He is an awesome missionary.

Earlier in the week Elder Cox noticed a boil on his butt which hurt him really bad as we biked. So we stopped biking and started walking, which wasn't much better.  He said he had one before and it just went away so I didn't think much of it.  Sunday it got really bad and he was in a lot of pain so we called our mission doctor and he said to go to the urgent care as soon as we could.  So the other elders came and picked us up and we went. We had to wait almost 3 hours to see a doctor.  They ended up cutting it open and now he is on some pills and in even more pain.   We have to go back again later in the week but they said to stay off bikes so we will see how this coming week goes.  Currently my companion is laying face down in bed in pain and can't really walk.  I feel horrible for him but he is a trooper. The best part about the whole thing is with my I pad I secretly filmed the surgery! Ha-ha hopefully soon we will be back up and going.

Well I hope you all had a great week.  Don't have too much fun at Powell with out me! Tell my wakeboard hi for me!:) 

Love Elder Roper


No comments:

Post a Comment