Tuesday, December 8, 2015

December 7, 2015


Hi guys,

Well another week has come and gone here in the heartland of Zanesville Ohio. Christmas time is my favorite time of year.  The stores are packed, christmas trees are up, and my favorite part, Christmas Music is always playing. I love everything about this time of year.

I'm grateful for the new video and cards we get at this time
of year because it helps me remember why we have Christmas and to remember Jesus Christ.

I can't remember if I shared this or not but a few weeks ago we had a training on helping investigators pray at the end of lessons. We have been trying to get Sirius to pray for awhile but have had some struggles. But this week we were able to have him pray and it was pretty awesome. It's hard to describe but was amazing. He is doing so great.

We had a lesson on family history and helped him set an a
FamilySearch account.  Once we got him logged in there was absolutely nothing about him in the tree, but the next time we went back he had spent hours finding his parents and had a ton of work done.  He was finally interviewed for baptism yesterday and can be baptized soon.  He is praying for a date and should be baptized by the end of the year.

I loved the Christmas Devotional last night. We watched it at Jims, a recent convert,  and Sirius was also there with us.  It was like a
little family night, Hah we all sing along with motab with every song. It was a spirit filled blast!

Today I got to have breakfast with Chad Black and his dad which made my week!  They are driving from Utah to Washington, DC to work on the DC Temple. I'm looking forward to this week. Who knows we might just have a baptism on Saturday.  I'll keep you updated. Have a great week.

Love Elder Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment