Friday, December 4, 2015

September 17, 2015

Hi Family,

This week is temple week!  So this afternoon my zone gets to go to the temple. I love going to the temple and always feel so much peace and comfort after going.  I love the spirit that is felt in the temple and how much it stays with you after you leave and head back out into the real world.

Well my week wasn't too interesting and involved a lot of patience.  Ha my companions boil had to be re packed and stuff and they told him he couldn't bike for at least a week.  Which is fine I figured we could just walk, but then this huge rash broke out on him and so we couldn't even walk. After a day I was so bored of sitting in the apartment so we spent a lot of time at members houses just doing service and letting my comp lay on a couch.  But he is back up to good health and was a warrior through the whole thing.  

The only lessons we were able to teach were with members and surprisingly we taught quite a few.   As a ward we planned on having a ton of investigators and less active committed to come to church, but Sunday mornings was just one of those days.  The texts just started coming in with people telling us that they couldn't show up and between the 3 sets of missionary's like 90% of the people cancelled.  We were a little frustrated and immediately started thinking about what we're going to do better next week to get everyone there.

Church this week here in my ward was a little crazy and awkward.  Ha-ha it's a long story but in the end we were glad that people cancelled because if not they probably wouldn't come back.  Ha-ha but all in all everything worked out and Sunday turned out to be great.  The lord has a plan for everything and we just need to be in tune and follow the promptings we receive.

I love you all and am so grateful to be on my mission. There truly is nothing greater than being a missionary. This church is so true and I love the spirit that I feel each and everyday. 

Have a great week! 

Love Elder Roper 




No comments:

Post a Comment