Monday, December 7, 2015

September 30, 2015


Hi there guys,

Another week has come and gone in the crippled life of Elder Roper.
Haha I was on some pretty strict Doctor orders not to walk or do much this week, but the last thing I was gonna do was sit in the apartment all day, so we spent a lot of time at members homes doing service and basically anything to get out of the house, Hah.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I guess the lord is wanting me to learn some patience and I'll explain why in a minute! Haha Last Tuesday was our missions "summer bash" it is basically where we all get together and play sports and have a good time just hanging out and taking a break from the missionary life.  It was awesome...except I couldn't really participate in much.  I did a lot of watching from the
sidelines and I think I may have overdone myself in some of the activities I tried to participate in because the next few days I was back on crutches and In a ton of pain. 

All in all it was a fun day, at the end of it our mission president gave us each a copy of the Book of Mormon and challenged the whole mission to read it by Christmas.  He gave us some options of things we can highlight and I chose Faith, Obedience & Repentance.  He gave us a promise that if we would do it that "our testimony of the Savior and the Book of Mormon will grow and we will feel the spirit more abundantly in our lives and in the work" I am already on page 50 and I am loving it!  Just like many of you I have probably read 1 Nephi 1000 times but even though I think I know what's happening I always learn something new.  

I read pages that stick out to me so much that I don't ever remember reading.
It just amazing to me how I feel when I read that book!  I just started and can already tell a difference in my life.  It makes my day so much better.

Saturday two different families in the ward moved but they both stayed in the ward so we got to pack and unpack the trucks at both houses. It took all day and in the end everyone was a little on edge because I guess OSU wasn't playing to good! Hah Ohio fans are Obsessed with football!  But they won so everyone was okay. This city shuts down for the game. It killed me to just sit and watch other people work. I wanted so bad to help but couldn't walk let alone help lift stuff.  But I am one of the best supervisors/directors I know!

Sunday was pretty great as well.  It was the Primary program, which is always a little interesting.  There are some pretty crazy sunbeams in this ward that like to man handle the microphone and give a shout out to their parents and fans in the audience. But it turned out pretty good.
I don't think there was a single person that wasn't laughing at some point during the program...except the primary president. She was in tears for a minute there! Ha-ha It's always hard to explain to investigators that church normally isn't like this but they seemed to enjoy it.  At the end the bishop got up and talked about how all we need to learn in the church is taught in primary, which is so true.  I loved listening to them sing their songs and what they mean.

I think the summer is finally over. It's starting to cool down and it has been raining for the last 3 days.
Just like I'm sure all of you are and am super excited for conference!
I was sad to hear about Elder Scott. He came and spoke to us while I was in the MTC and made my experience there a lot more enjoyable and gave me the strength to help carry me until I got to Ohio.  I loved the MTC but did struggle for a few days.  I went back through my notes this morning of when he spoke and the spirit I felt and the confirmation I received while he spoke was what reminded me that I
needed to be on a mission. I love my mission and will never regret the Decision to come to Ohio!!:)

I just got a called that I will be transferred tomorrow.  Pray that I get transferred to where the pumpkin weigh off will be! Haha I have loved my time in Lanecaster and am sad to be leaving but excited for my next adventure.  I am so glad I was able to serve here, I'll let you know next week where I go next.

I love you all! Have a great week!
Go Buckeyes
Love Elder Roper




No comments:

Post a Comment