Monday, November 30, 2015

June 29, 2015

Hey family,

What a week it has been.  This week seemed a little long because we spent a lot of time entering all of the teaching records from our area book to our iPads.  It is just a long hard progress but when it's done our lives will be so much easier.

Life for me continues to go well.  I am growing to love this ward more and more each week.  Yesterday was a little weird at church because not a single member of the bishopric was there.   I guess the Stake Presidency held a meeting during our sacrament meeting.  But church was
still fabulous.

We sadly didn't have any investigators at church this week.  It was not from a lack of trying though.  But we have some amazing plans for the coming week.  One thing that as a mission we are struggling with is having investigators at sacrament meeting.  It is scary how normal it is to have Sunday as just another working day.  My Mission President
has sent out several emails about how we need to focus on getting people to church and I plan on doing that this next week.  My companion and I have set some pretty big goals for the coming week and I am excited to see what happens!

I have put some serious prayer & faith into them and they start tonight so here we go.

I have very little time but I wanted to share a little quote that I
found in my studies this week and has help me immensely.
We Are Not Alone “There is no physical pain, no spiritual wound, no anguish of soul or heartache, no infirmity or weakness you or I ever confront in mortality that the Savior did not experience first. In a moment of weakness we may cry out, ‘No one knows what it is like. No one understands.’ But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for
He has felt and borne our individual burdens.” The lord knows us each on a personal level and also knows how to help us with truly anything and I am figuring out that sometimes we just need to open up our hearts and talk with him!  Life sometimes just isn't all that easy but with the savior’s help I am learning how to just keep my mind on the work, smile, and go for it! Ha sorry this probably doesn't make sense but I just love my savior.  Learn to rely on him and tell him everything.

I hope you all had an amazing week.  Mine was wet!  It rained hard every single day this past week and is raining as I write this.

I love you all thanks for everything,

Love Elder Roper





No comments:

Post a Comment