Thursday, November 19, 2015

January 12, 2015

Well this was the coldest days on the mission yet!  I live across the street from the high school and school was canceled Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and then again today. They say it is because of the cold and snow and then today because we had a mini ice storm last night.  It has only snowed like 4 inches but everyone is freaking out.

Tonight is the OSU championship game but by some miracle we found someone in the branch that isn't an OSU fan so we are going over there for FHE.  I am proudly wearing my OSU tie and wish that I could watch the game but have faith that in 2 years when I get home that they will be in the championship again.

So I just got an email from my Mission President that L Tom Perry will be coming to our mission the end of this month.  He served his mission here in Ohio and is coming to make a branch into a ward here that he served in. We will get to have another meeting where the whole mission will get together.  I am so excited.  What a blessing this will be.

Tuesday I was again out at the Halls doing service with Michael.  We hung a light and fixed some problems with the halls 35-foot ceiling.  Mike is making great progress.  I don’t know if I have told you about him yet. He is a less active in the branch that struggles greatly with depression. For the past 6 months or so he hasn't really left his house or talked to anyone.  We have been meeting with him several times a week and he even came out to the halls twice with us this week to do service. On Sunday after much coxing he came to church. Mike is beginning to be himself again and is happier each time we see him.  He is reading the BOM almost everyday and is just awesome.

Wednesday was the coldest day yet but I loved it. It was -25 degrees with wind chill.  I can now say that I have been tracting in that cold of weather.

We also got to meet with Martin and Karen. They need your prayers.  Martin is also struggling with depression and just hasn’t been himself lately.  Karen has quit smoking but Satan is trying his best to get to them.  Because they missed church on Sunday we decided that it would be best if we waited a week to do her baptism.

Sunday was a day that reminded me why I love being a missionary so much.  Like I said Martin and his family were at church. So after Bro Waltz, who just happens to be a counselor, took us up there to see them later that night.  Martin was struggling and was just down after talking with him he asked us to give him a blessing.  The power of the Priesthood is SO real.  I have never been apart of a blessing like that.  Martin is already doing much better and honestly just seems like a new man.

I love you all so much. 
I promise I will send pics of investigators and members soon but for now these are all I have.
GO BUCKEYES,
Love Elder Roper





No comments:

Post a Comment