Thursday, November 19, 2015

January 21, 2015

Well I have no time because this week is transfer week and my library was closed on Monday. But I do have several things that I need to say.

Go Buckeyes!  I still can’t believe that they won the National Championship. 
This week was full of hard times but also really good times.  I found out earlier this week that one of my good friends from the mission went home.  This was hard but I know he is where he is supposed to be.

Earlier this week we got a media Referral that is a referral from the MTC missionary. I get these all the time and so far nothing has come from them. But on Friday we got a good one.  His name is Robert and he is just amazing.  He recently returned from Florida from a recovery program there (drugs are everywhere here and it is rare to find someone that hasn’t done them or is currently doing them but wants to get off) and when he got home he decided that he needed to change his life around so he got online to start researching religions.  He found the mormon.org page and started chatting with the missionaries. He is so amazing and the first thing he said when we started teaching him was that he wanted to be baptized.  He and his mom both came to church on Sunday and the branch did an amazing job of welcoming him to the branch and he really liked church.  We have meet with him several times and he does struggle with a few things that we need to change before he can get baptized but I know he will soon.

My testimony has been strengthened so much from this experience and I know that obedience really does bring miracles.  I am loving my mission and love starting out each and everyday with reading my scriptures.  I hope all of you are reading your Book of Mormon everyday and if you're not then I highly recommend starting.   It truly is amazing the power that can come if we will simply read that book.

I love you all and am sorry that this is so short.

Love Elder Roper








No comments:

Post a Comment