Friday, November 20, 2015

April 20, 2015

Hi Family and friends,

Holy cow it was an amazing week here in the wonderful small town of Greenfield. 
We had a crazy week and once again I will try to type fast and tell you all about it.

Tuesday we were in Columbus for interviews with my Mission President.  I love my Mission President and am so grateful that I not only get to serve in Ohio but that he is my Mission President!  He and his wife are both great (during our breaks it is so fun to go play basketball in the gym with his son that he brought with him on the mish)
President is so in tune with the spirit and I hope one day I can be like that!   During our interview we mainly talked about the Book of Mormon challenge that he gave us a few months ago.  During study's this week I was once again going over my little Book of Mormon that is all marked up.  I marked all of Christ’s words that he speaks to us in that book with blue and I love flipping through and finding the pages that are like all blue and just reading them because it really is just like the savior is talking directly to us.

The big news of the week also happened on Tuesday. With the help of our recent converts we now have a new family that we are teaching.  Randy and Misty are like the coolest people I have ever met. They have 2 kids who are also super awesome.  I wish I had more time to tell you all about them but Randy is like the biggest red neck ever and I love him.

On Thursday after our lesson we were playing badminton in there backyard and some doves flew over his house...so he shot them and we fried them up and ate them! haha then he also cooked us some frogs legs.  I honestly feel like I’m on duck dynasty!  Ha-ha I will have to tell you more about him next week and send pics.  We have taught them twice this week and they came to all 3 hours of church on Sunday and loved it.  They follow through with every commitment that we give them and always write down questions that they have.  And they have started reading the Book of Mormon and love it!  Before the kids go to bed each night they make their parents read them a story from the children Book of Mormon.  The only problem they have just like everyone else and their dog in Ohio they smoke, but with some faith and the atonement I know that they will be able to over their addictions.

I love being a missionary and know that everything happens for a reason.

Make it a great week!! 
Love Elder Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment