Friday, November 20, 2015

June 8, 2015


Well lots happened this week and I wish I could tell you all of it but i will try to highlight the important stuff!!
Wednesday we had zone meeting and it honestly was one of the most spiritual meeting i have been in yet!! I love my new zone leaders!! We talked about the importance of church attendance and the reason we push so hard for investigators to come!! I could go on and on but it was amazing! After that we all got our ipads!! So we spent the next several hours setting them up and figuring them all out!! They have been fun and have  been useful on the door step!! It has been so nice to be able to show people short little videos and have them ask questions right there on the door step then bear our testimony to them!! The work is moving forward at a rapid rate!! The lord wasn't joking when he said the field is white already to harvest!!
Friday night we got a call from the assistants telling us that we had to be in Columbus the next morning to receive a mini missionary!! I had never heard of this but i guess the youth in our mission have the opportunity to go on a weeklong mission and my companion and i were chosen to get one!! So Saturday we woke up and went to a mini transfer meeting! They were set apart to be missionary's for a week by there stake president and it was so powerful!! My mini name is Nick Powell and is from Newark  Ohio and just graduated high school!! It has been fun having him around!!  We had a lot of success this week and had 2 new investigators at church, which might not sound like much, but it was better than the 0 we had last week!
I don't know why but i loved my studies a lot this week!! I am learning so much every day and wish we could have personal study for hours each morning!! I read a lot of amazing stuff and learned even more!!  I have been working on the Christ like attribute humility this week and love finding people in the scriptures that were humble!! I was reading in Moses and love the whole story but i loved the verse where he said" I know that man is nothing, which thing i never had supposed" Just like Moses I am realizing more and more each day that i really am nothing with out the lord!! The other story that i loved is in 2nd Nephi where Nephi puts his trust in the lord and glories in the goodness of god!! I love how Nephi knew that he was nothing without the lord and says "o wretched man that I am" I am striving each day to put more trust in the lord!
I can say that as of today I know now more than ever before that this church is true and that this is the lords work!! I love this Gospel and everything about it!! I love being a missionary but some days it is just hard!! I read a quote this week that went something like this he might not always move the mountains in front of us but he will always help us climb!!

Well I wish I could write more but I am off to go play basketball with a bunch of mini missionary’s.
I love you all!
Love Elder Roper


No comments:

Post a Comment