Friday, November 20, 2015

May 26, 2015


HI family! 

I had a very exciting week!! Tuesday we once again had a great lesson with Randy and the Family.  Monday night we were stuck during planning and couldn't figure out what we should teach them the next day! We both felt prompted that we needed to show them a conference talk but we had no idea which one to show. So we pulled out our notes from conference and decided to show them the talk Called Choose To Believe by Elder Clayton. It's the one about the plane crash and following the light.


We didn't know exactly what they would think about it but as it ended the room was silent and the Spirit was SO strong!! I felt prompted to invite them to be baptized on June 13..So I did! hah and they accepted!! It was so amazing!! I Love following the prompting of the spirit because you can never go wrong!


Friday we were in Columbus for Ipad training. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting though. I thought they were going to teach us how to use the apps and how to use the ipads but it was all about how the i pads are a tool for use to use and it isn't a missionary.  They said that we aren't becoming and ipad mission but that we will be missionary's with an i pad to help us enhance the work. 


One of my favorite talks that I read this week was Stay by the Tree By Elder Pearson. It hit me so hard during Personal study that I read it several times!!  It made me think of my mission in a different way! He says That to "hang in there" Is not a principle of the Gospel and that if we are Enduring to the end than we are constantly coming unto Christ and being perfected in him!  He says that casual obedience and lukewarm commitment weaken faith!!I have been in Greenfield for 6 months now and looking back sometimes it's has been easy to have casual obedience and leave lukewarm commitments with investigators and with myself. But later in the talk he gives 6 things that we can do to help us endure to the end!! The reason this week was so great was because I was trying my hardest to do those 6 things and rely more and my Savior and let him help me be Obedient and have 100% commitments!! I loved this talk!!


I will probably be transferred on Thursday and i am so sad to be leaving here!! This place seriously feels like home!! Even though I am scared to death to get a new area and companion I know that with the Savior I really can conqueror anything!!:) So I cant wait to see what happens this next week!! The lord never promised that it would be easy but he did say that it would be worth it!! I know that we all have trials and sometimes they seem impossible but I also know that we can get through them with the lord and be made stronger from them!! 


I hope you all had a wonderful memorial day!! For my memorial day we went to an amazing BBQ where they smoked a pig!! haha Then we played some serious Corn hole! I love Ohio!! Be grateful that you don’t have humidity!Make it a great week! 

Love Elder Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment