Thursday, November 19, 2015

December 8, 2014

I love this time of year more than anything! I love waking up each morning and listening to Christmas music as I get ready!!  So today actually isn’t my p-day because transfers are on Thursday, but I have a quick hour to get on and send a quick email.

Wednesday we had wonderful zone meeting and learned about talking with everyone. I am so excited to be out here during this Christmas time because everyone seems to be a bit nicer and a little more receptive to what I have to share.  So quick story, right after I got home from Zone meeting Ed was out front and invited us over.  We talked about the “he is the gift video” for awhile and then went down stairs to do some service for him and help him move some boxes. After we finished that he asked if I wanted to shoot one of his bows (he seriously has like 20) so we set up a bow for me and started shooting in his basement!! It was only like a 10 yard shot and he was just giving me little pointer on how to shoot better.  After we shot for a min he asked if I had ever done a "robin hood" which is where you shoot one arrow and then shoot another one right in the back of it! I told him I hadn’t and he said I should try. So we made it into a little competition. He shot first then I shot 2nd. On only my third try I did it! :) It was so awesome.  I didn’t have my camera with me but he did let me keep the arrows! They are now hanging on my wall!

Thursday and Friday were pretty boring because my comp was sick so I just got to sit around the apartment all day while he slept. But Saturday was so amazing.  James got baptized!!  I am so happy for him. This was the most amazing experience I’ve had on my mission so far. It is a memory I will never forget!! After only 3 tries he was finally baptized correctly. ha When he came out of the water it seriously was like he was glowing!!  I love him and am so happy that he has that faith that he does to be baptized and be the only member of his family.

His whole family including grandparents came to the baptism, which was awesome! They all agreed to come to the ward Christmas party this Friday.  I am hoping and praying that we will be able to get in and teach his family.  James is so amazing and if I get transferred I will miss him so much!! 
Sunday he was confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost. This too was an amazing experience. 
Sorry I am out of time.  I am excited to hear if I will get transferred or not! 
I love you all so much!! Have a wonderful week!  
Love Elder Roper






No comments:

Post a Comment