Friday, November 20, 2015

June 1, 2015

Hi family!! 
It has been a sad week for me but happy because of what's ahead!! 

I did indeed did get transferred!! Wednesday was a crazy day!! I kind of felt like I was being dropped off at the MTC again and I was saying bye to all of my investigators and all of the members!! haha But I am happy to see what the Lord has in store for me in my next area!! 
 I am now serving in the Millersport area and am in the Lancaster ward!! I am once again in an even smaller town and am surrounded by cornfields!! (We live in a small house about 2 miles out of the town)  My new companion is Elder Black and even though he has a great last name we don't exactly see eye to eye!! haha But I am sure that with the Lords help we will be able to figure everything out!!

My new area has been a little sad. Completely dead!! We honestly have nobody to go see! So for the first time in my mission i left the apartment at 10 AM and tracked until 9pm!! It wasn't exactly the funnest thing I have ever done but I am happy to be doing the lord work!  I have faith that in the next coming weeks that this will turn out to be my favorite area!! I haven’t met a single person that has been rude to us yet!! Some dont want to talk but they are polite about it!! 

I am so excited to be back in a ward!! This week was stake conference for the stake that I am in now but I have loved all of the ward members that I have met!! 
Sunday was a great day for me!! I attended one of the best stake conferences ever!! There was an area 70 there named Elder Kunz!! He was awesome!! He did several things that i have never seen before but absolutely loved!! I only have time to tell like one but he did several things like this!! He stood up and asked all of the primary children to stand up and sing i am a child of god so they did. Right after they were finished the spirit was so strong and he stood back up and asked everyone to think of a name of a person that they know that could be baptized in the next 6 months and then to write it down!! It was amazing to watch everyone pull out a piece of paper and write their name down!! He then told us much more about the spirit and how it works!! He told us that if we truly pray and have faith that he knows that our name that came to our minds can and will be baptized!! 

For the rest of his talk he talked about the Gospel of Jesus-Christ! He told us that the gospel of Jesus Christ is simply the missionary purpose "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end."
He then went through and talked more about those 5 points!! The spirit was so strong for and for some reason this was one my favorite meeting that I have been to on my mission!!
I love being a missionary!! I know that this church is true and that this is the only true church on the earth today!! I know Jesus Christ lives and stands at the head of this church!! I love being a missionary and feeling the spirit each and every day!! It is so fun for me to be an official representative of the church and i love testifying to people about what we believe and helping them grown closer to Jesus Christ!! 

I hope you all have an amazing week! 


Love Elder Roper

This is where we live.  The basement is a chiropractic office of a member of the ward!! Sometimes I feel like I am in a scary movie because there are corn fields on all for sides of us!  I love it

No comments:

Post a Comment