Thursday, November 19, 2015

November 10, 2014

 Hello Family and Friends,

Wow I don't even know where to start. This week flew by even though there were some hard days.

I guess I should start by telling you about my first "real" lesson with Chris and Bobby. It went fantastic. He loved it and I think it reminded her of a bunch of stuff from her child hood. They both took it very well and felt the spirit. They both love coming to church and the ward is doing an amazing job of fellowshipping them into the ward.

We taught them again and talked about the plan of salvation. Chris loved it and said he had a ton of questions answered and wants to know more about it. My comp and I both felt like he was ready for baptism so we talked with him a little bit about what that was with the help of his wife, and at the end right before I was about to ask if he would be baptized they told us they weren't married...my comp and I were both really surprised.  We just assumed they were because she had a ring on.  So we aren't giving up on them and I think sometime soon we will become wedding planners.

We told them that in order for him to be baptized that they needed to be married. They understood and said they would talk about it and let us know what they thought about it.  They said they were planning on getting married in the summer but we are trying to convince them to have a little wedding right now and then have the big one with all of there family in the summer.

We are going back on Wednesday to talk more and continue teaching him. He wants to be baptized, but because of insurance reasons doesn't want to get married yet. Hopefully they prayed hard and have a good answer for us. He loves us and has already invited us over for Thanksgiving.

There is a new member family in the ward who are just awesome. They feed us at least once a week and just love seeing us. Last week the mom asked us if there was anything we could do to help her control her family and have less contention in her home and bring the spirit in. We thought for a minute and decided that it would be great if they started reading scriptures and praying as a family each night. I love doing this with them and am so grateful that my mom made my family do this.  I can really tell a difference in their family and the spirit is so much stronger in there home when we do this.  At the end right before we pray we get on our knees in a circle and everyone puts a hand in then we all say "Together Forever, Forever Together, Together Forever a Family We'll be... We can do hard things" Then we pray.  ha I love this and am so grateful that they let us read with them each night.  I would challenge each of you to remember to read your scriptures and pray daily.  It really will make such a difference in your life.

I had a friend send me a quote that said we need to be living for and expecting miracles each day.  I have tried super hard this last week to be super obedient and to expect miracles to happen. It has made such a difference in the work here in Ohio and I love looking for them each day.

I wish I had more time so I could share a miracle that I saw or experienced each day and will try to share some next week. 
This work is just amazing and I am so glad I get to be apart of it.
I pray for all of you everyday,

Love Elder Roper
The Thurston Family


The Holley Family

No comments:

Post a Comment